Friday, January 11, 2013

Iridescent Indecency

Finish the Sentence Friday

     This post is written in response to the "Follow The Sentence Friday Blog Hop (FTSF #2) hosted by Janine @ Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic and Kate @ Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine with My Morning Quiet Time and co-hosted by Stephanie @ Mommy, for Real and Jen @ JenJen’s Soapbox of Parodies.  Check these ladies out for a good time.... (No... not like that....) and peruse those in the hop who have bared their souls for your amusement.  Good times, good times....

     I took a Public Speaking course in college.  (Kind of has that "I had a farm in Africa..." feel doesn't it?  No?  Well....)  Why did I do this, you ask?  Because I had to but I also had to take Badminton so none of it really made any sense anyway.  (Shuttle Cock, anyone?)  

Anyhoo... let's cut to the “One of the most embarrassing things I ever did was…” part...

     Long story short, I had to give a 5 minute speech on something that I can't for the life of me remember now.  I had agonized over this particular project for weeks so the morning of, as you can imagine,  I was petrified.  I would have to stand up in-front of a classroom filled to the brim with my peers and sound intelligent, well put together, and even throw in a joke or two...   SO I armored myself and prepared for battle in the best way a 22 year old girl knows how.  I dressed fancy.  Generously supporting undergarments, my favorite sparkly shirt to further enhance my... em... more noticeable attributes.  Maybe they would be so entranced by my genetic abnormalities (I come from a family of modestly chested women.  My chi-chi's were a freak of nature... and a back problem.) that my class mates would completely ignore the fact that I sucked.   I chose a particularly sexy pair of tiny see-through, iridescent thongs to wear to match under my best butt-shaping pants.  (Yeah... I know... But this was WAY before the body-breakers made their appearance) I added some substantial heels, my favorite lipstick, and I headed to class.  How could I fail?  I was 5 feet in 6 inch stilettos of pure fury and dead sexy!  
Guess what guys... it wasn't the shoes that brought me low!  This time, anyway....
     I got to class, waited my turn, and gave my presentation.  As walked back to take my seat, I was beaming.  "Well, THAT wasn't so bad!  I was great!  They laughed at my jokes and I really kept everyone's attention.  I am getting an "A" for this!"... and then I took my seat and looked down to see....
...my zipper....
.... undone.....
And my little, iridescent, see-through thongs winking up at me conspiratorially....
Oh.... NOOOOOOOOOOO!  
No wonder I kept their attention.
So, "One of the most embarrassing things I ever did was…" give a 5 minute presentation with my zipper down in see-through underwear to a room full of 20-somethings.
 End.

13 comments:

  1. Horrifying! It's a wonder you didn't start bawling right there at your desk. It's a good thing many of your classmates were probably still drunk or hungover from the night before and were unable to focus on your shimmery undergarments...or lackthereof ;) Also, you sounded dead-sexy to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely enough the ... um... trauma of the incident kinda killed my public speaking fear. I was all like "Well, I have now hit rock bottom. I can only keep my zipper up from here"...

      Delete
    2. And I was very sexy, thank-you. :)

      Delete
  2. You had me at thong and chi-chis lol. I could have been a lot worse though, keep telling yourself that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'er right... I could have been wearing see-through underwear after NOT manicuring my lawn... Like a bear in a fishing net... *shudder*

      Delete
  3. Loved your story and could relate to this. I, too, had to give a speech back in college and it wasn't my clothing that got me. I had been not feeling well that day and hadn't eaten, because I was truly nauseous the whole day before the speech. In true fashion, I got up to give my speech and got about 30 seconds through, when I fainted dead away. When I came to, I found out one of my guy classmates had caught me before I completely hit the deck or floor, lol!! Thankfully my teacher took pity on me and actually looked through all my notes and such for the speech and gave me a "B" and never had to do the speech again. On a side, I had been dating someone in the class and you guessed it he wasn't the one to catch me or even try to catch me. Needless to say, I dumped him shortly after. Thank you seriously for linking up and loved your addition. Hope to see you back next week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeek! No no fainting... you poor thing! A "B" ain't bad, either. :)

      Delete
  4. OMG! TOTALLY EMBARRASSING!!! I hate to give any kind of speech - I would have cried. Totally. So glad you linked up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely made check my zipper religiously.... :)

      Delete
  5. Well, the bright side of it was that no one probably noticed any speecha mistakes you made...and you probably impressed people, for sure ;)!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh... oh yeah... I good with impressions like that. Luckily I didn't have any other classes with anyone in that room....

      Delete
  6. And it wasn't even Thong Thursday! Aww, I bet that was awful! I suppose college is the time to get all that embarrassing stuff over with, huh? I was going to say at least you weren't going commando but am wrestling with what was worse here. ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you get the "A?" :) You sound like my long, lost sister in embarrassment! :)

    ReplyDelete