Friday, January 18, 2013

Scroaty Kitties and Soul Mates

Car conversation on the way home last night...

Me:  "I'm never going to be able to have a cat in the house again with all your allergies...  Wait...  I could get one of those hairless cats!"

Hubbs:  "But they are so ugly.  Why would you want one?"

Me:  "They are so ugly they are cute!  Sass looked like an angry, hairless man/monkey when he was born and you thought he was cute".

Hubbs:  "Yeah, but you can't choose your kids.  You choose a cat.  And he was cute..."

Me:  "I am getting a hairless cat and I will name him... ummm..." *flash of genius* "Scroat!"  *hysterical laughter* "That settles it.  Scroat.  And he can wear little scroaty sweaters!"

Hubbs:  *eye rolling*  "What are we having for dinner?"

Me:  "Why are you trying to change the subject?" *giggle* "Scroat sweaters...  Hey look!  Scroat's on the couch   Awww... Scroat's making biscuits   And when he would sit on your lap it could be a little Scroat on scroat action!"

Hubbs:  *heavy sigh and more eye rolling*  "Yeah, but they would have to be hairy sweaters.  You know... like brown shag carpeting."

Me:  "Yes, yes, YES!  I love this!  It must happen!"  *deep thoughts*  "I could get two!  Just one might be awkward, you know... unbalanced.  Scroat and Tum.!"  *more hysterical laughter*

Hubbs:  *snort* "How about Lefty and Righty?"

I didn't know it was possible but I love this man more and more everyday.  We will grow old, happy, and wrinkly together.... surrounded by little, scroaty kitties.




Here kitty, kitty!  Come get your sweater!

14 comments:

  1. While reading this and when you mentioned Scroat,,my first reaction was that you needed two cats and name the other Um. Or you could have a cute little nickname for Scroat, you know like sweet little Scroat-ums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubbs did suggest that one be larger than the other... you know.... keep it real.

      Delete
  2. I found you on the TGIF Blog Hop and after reading this post, I know we could be great friends. I say get two and name them Tess & Tickles =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna say what Who Woulda Thought said. Dammit. Scroat-ums! Scroat-ums! I like Megan's idea too. We people on the internets are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are... good thing we use our Awesomeness powers for good and not evil....

      Delete
  4. Dying over the Scroat on scroat comment! But I have to say, I have a hairless cat and they're awesome; ours is hilarious...you can see pics on my blog or on my Twitter Timeline--definitely so ugly he's cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky! I bet they are great snugglers!

      Delete
  5. That had me giggling. I never could decide exactly what it was about the appearance of hairless cats that bothered me. Other than the wrongness, yes they do resemble scrotums. Now I'll be able to giggle when I see one instead of shuddering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, THAT'S a wrinkly face full I could enjoy!

      Delete
  6. OK, this HAS to happen now! I hope to see a blog post in the near future featuring your two new hairless additions. ;)
    My husband doesn't "get" blogging at all, but I am forcing him to read this when he gets home from work, because I know it's something he will appreciate and have a good laugh over!!

    P.S. Found & followed you from TGIF Blog Hop! After reading this, I'm pretty damn excited to see future posts from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! I am not too sure about a hairless cat. But maybe you could not just get him a sweater but a little fur coat, LOL!! Enjoyed this post!

    Just dropping in from the hop to meet you and follow:)
    (following via GFC)

    PS If you get a chance drop by and join Let's Get Social Sunday and link up your blog and all your social sites to meet new friends and gain more followers:) Live right now!
    http://www.myturnforus.com/

    Have an awesome day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you crack me up! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect plan to me! Happy scroaty kitties and growing old together ;)

    ReplyDelete