Survivalist Parenting Style
Yup, that sounds about right and here are our goals.
1. Nobody becomes an axe murderer. (Either the kids, because we screwed them up or us, because the little heathens are completely out of control.)
2. That our sweet littles gain a true appreciation for nature... because we kick their wild little butts outside to pester the dogs when things get rowdy. Dogs can't say "no".
3. That they learn to respect authority figures. Like the po-po. Just don't get caught my lovelies or Daddy and I will make jail look like chocolate covered heaven.
4. We want them to enjoy learning... about stuff like gravity. We are still working on this one as Sass STILL thinks the stairs are a launching pad. Apparently face first onto hardwood really isn't that much of a deterrent.
5. We want them to learn the value of friendship... even the imaginary ones.
6. To be kind, not kind of. In other words, be nice for reals because people know when you are faking it. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't go ahead and say it as you turn the corner because I have the ears of a bat. A BAT, my adorable little pocket gophers.
7. That they know how much we love them and that when we say...
Cut that out!
Have you lost your MIND?
Why-oh-why did THAT seem like a good idea?
Spit that out! That is NOT food.
If you do that one more time....!
That is NOT a jungle gym!
... we actually mean "I love you and you are amazing.". Awww... *hugs*
8. That they are unstoppable and can do (almost) anything. (see # 4 and I'll just throw in an eyeroll here on the "flying" thing.)
There are other important things like don't wipe poop on the walls, talking really loudly over whoever is trying to have a conversation is not cute, and trying to sumo wrestle strangers is generally frowned upon but those are just cherries on our Chitlin' Rearin' sundae. Bonus points for getting them to stop picking their noses in public...
Whoo! Here's to their college fund not going to Rehab or Bail!
Now head on over here to check out some more awesomeness on the subject!