Friday, November 9, 2012

Mommy sucks and it's okay.


When your baby looks at you like this...

WTF, Mom?  I told you I wanted the PINK sippy cup!

... and your baby but-not-a-baby-anymore does this when you try and talk to him on the couch...

This is me ignoring you, Mom, 
because you are neither Jake NOR a Neverland Pirate.

... you know your are doing a good job at parenting.  (They are I-still-have-to-wipe-your-ass young going on 17 and Mom gets NO LOVE!  Unless I make meatloaf or wear clothing made out of chocolate.... which would just be awkward... mostly for me.)  I am either completely ignored or judged unworthy and I suppose I should be a bit put out by these reactions.... but I'm not.  By pushing those boundaries and voicing those opinions, they let me know that they feel safe.  They know they are loved and cherished and haven't a care in the world.  Well, except for the ones they decide to have as they push their boundaries and develop as people.  So go ahead babies, Ignore me or fuss at my sock color choice.  I know that YOU know that you are safe and we love you.  

But don't push it too far... sweethearts..... 

17 comments:

  1. Hopping over from More Than Mommies mixer. Wait until they are teenagers, lol. The eye rolls get much bigger and they add Mom in their most annoyed voice possible. Always fun ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dreading Sass's teenage years... fo' sho!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Clothing made of chocolate? That could be an interesting fashion trend. I'd wind up naked by noon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stopping over from the Momma link up and I do not have kids, but was asked to join :) I take photos of them instead :) I love your blog title, it made me laugh out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad part is... I have had to say it more that once....

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are as cute as a button...OMG!! Seriously...what adorable little pumpkins......They have your big baby blues! If your kids don't give you those "if looks could kill you would be 6 feet under Mom" looks at least 12 times during the day....you are doing something totally wrong...Monica Mom tells the truth..wait until the eye rolling starts..the preschool years are just boot camp for those teen years..Enjoy your blog so much! Hope you are feeling better....and I cannot even picture you as a roller derby queen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are far too kind... Except for the "my kids are adorable" part. They are and that is why they are still alive... ;)

      And i am more of a really clumsy and out of shape Derby scullery maid....

      Delete
  6. And don't people always blame that behavior on us? I mean, come on! I am not the only one who genetically contributed to this bundle of opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA this is great! Just wait until they are teenagers! Enjoy them while they are young because you can only get away with the weird sock choices for awhile....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha my daughter just started making those faces! Hilarious.I am a new follower from the Friday blog hop! Looking forward to your blog!

    Tiffany
    http://thedwellingtree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see you! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Fantastic points! It is good they feel safe enough to express themselves and it so important for you to set those limits and boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes... I wish those boundaries could include a little Duck Tape... :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for linking up to the More Than Mommies Mixer! Swinging by to all the blogs who linked up to let them know we loved having them and start following!

    Your post totally cracked me up! You are completely right about why they are "pushing", too. My little ones always seem to give me more attitude than they do anyone else and I know it is because they know I will love them no matter what, attitude and all! :)

    Hope to see you next week at the Mixer!

    ReplyDelete