Thursday, February 21, 2013

Inspiring?


I know, right?  Me?  Inspiring?  Well maybe for doubling up on your birth control, but I dunno about anything else....  Still... Jen from Life On The SONny Side, in all her wisdom and glory, gifted me with this some weeks back and I must say, I was (and am still) very flattered.  Jen is a devoted wife and mother who knows how to get down with her bad self when the gettin' is good but also isn't afraid of life and all its bumps and bruises.  Her blog is her kitchen table... why doncha come and sit a spell?  We'll have a laugh, share some wisdom (or, in my case, lack thereof), and maybe a few tears.  She is true and deep and hot... wait.... did I just hit on her... AGAIN?  Giiiirrrll, it's uncontrollable, I tell ya.  *Ahem* Anyway... thank you Jen!  You have made my heart swell with your openness and my head swell with your compliments.  Thank You!

And now... as the rules of this Blogger Award state... 

Things you can't unlearn about me
... errrrm...no.

Sh*t that will scar the backs of your eyelids every night for weeks
... Nah.  Too long.

I know!

My Full Monty 
(but with words, not with penises)
(btw, if you haven't seen this movie, you should.  It's really good.)
(and NOT because of any pink parts)

1.  I am a nerd.  Raised on Tolkien, I read the LOTR appendices for fun when I was 10. I also owned (emphasis on the "ed") a "Magic the Gathering" deck and had my own cloak (Don't hate.  My Mommy made it for me one Halloween.)  College (a.k.a. beer and the arrival of my bubbs) normed me out a bit... but not much.

2.  I would do shameless, possibly marriage vow breaking things to see Mumford & Sons in concert. 

"Raise my hands

Paint my spirit gold
And bow my head
Keep my heart slow"


I mean... really.... *sigh*

3.  I despise cooked carrots.  They are an abomination.

4.  I prefer pencils to pens.

5.  I licked a Castle once.  A real one.  In England.  I can't tell you which one though, as it's a bit on the shy side and doesn't want everyone to know yet.

6.  I played the flute for marching band in high school.  And no... I never did THAT.  No one ever does THAT.  *eye roll* 

7.  My favorite bird is the Carolina Wren.  The smallest, fattest, most pissed off looking ball of adorbs EVER!

"B*tch!  Don't make me come down there!"


And now... to pass this on!  Here are a few of the blogs I'm lovin' and learning from these days.  If you don't know 'em then get on it!  






Ladies, thank you for you have most definitely inspired me!



UPDATE:

And now....


I am doomed to a weekend of head puffery....  Thank you so much!

17 comments:

  1. Honey Child, It's me, you, and Mumford & Sons! Let's GET IT ON! I'm a super fan too. I hate that their summer tour is going to be a camping hippiefest. I can escape my domesticity for hours, not days my Gentlemen of the Road! Don't they understand their mommy fans at all?! Anyway, thank you for the smattering of love and affection. You are SO one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I freaking hate hippies... They ruin camping... and Mumford. Mommies are the ones with the money... and the experience. *ahem*. I mean, we're Mommies. We have living, whining proof that we know what we are, um... doing. Way better than a high 20-something who can't hold her liquor. ;) If those boys were smarter, they'd realize who made AND buttered their bread.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danka... It keeps me sane and out of prison. :)

      Delete
  4. Are you ready to add another new award to your collection? Ya got one from me! Swing by my site and grab it! Leave a comment there so I know you picked it up. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wren does look mad, but he's cute. I'm visiting today from Thursday's Favorite Things, and I just visited Jen's blog too, and told her you sent me. ;)

    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! She is wonderful... I know you will love her!

      Delete
  6. You licked a Castle in England? I hope it wasn't the Tower of the London, the Beefeaters would have been scandalised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no... Not the Tower. :) That one gave me the heeby-jeebies. It was one of the more remote ones in southern England...

      Delete
  7. My Mom made me a cloak too...out of velvet so I could feel like a regal queen for Halloween...I loved that costume.

    I'm stopping by to say 'hi' from Katherine's Favorite Things Thursday - better late than never.

    http://artpark78.com/blog1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours WAS fancy! Mine was for a "Angle of Death" Halloween costume. All billowy and black....

      Delete
  8. OMG!! I came to say congratulations and I see my name up there!! Thanks so much, dearie!!! I love Tolkiens too...but I'm sure you already guessed that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you may be my Sister from another Mister....

      Delete
  9. It's nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by....

    ReplyDelete