I know, right? Me? Inspiring? Well maybe for doubling up on your birth control, but I dunno about anything else.... Still... Jen from Life On The SONny Side, in all her wisdom and glory, gifted me with this some weeks back and I must say, I was (and am still) very flattered. Jen is a devoted wife and mother who knows how to get down with her bad self when the gettin' is good but also isn't afraid of life and all its bumps and bruises. Her blog is her kitchen table... why doncha come and sit a spell? We'll have a laugh, share some wisdom (or, in my case, lack thereof), and maybe a few tears. She is true and deep and hot... wait.... did I just hit on her... AGAIN? Giiiirrrll, it's uncontrollable, I tell ya. *Ahem* Anyway... thank you Jen! You have made my heart swell with your openness and my head swell with your compliments. Thank You!
And now... as the rules of this Blogger Award state...
Things you can't unlearn about me
Sh*t that will scar the backs of your eyelids every night for weeks
... Nah. Too long.
My Full Monty
(but with words, not with penises)
(btw, if you haven't seen this movie, you should. It's really good.)
(and NOT because of any pink parts)
1. I am a nerd. Raised on Tolkien, I read the LOTR appendices for fun when I was 10. I also owned (emphasis on the "ed") a "Magic the Gathering" deck and had my own cloak (Don't hate. My Mommy made it for me one Halloween.) College (a.k.a. beer and the arrival of my bubbs) normed me out a bit... but not much.
2. I would do shameless, possibly marriage vow breaking things to see Mumford & Sons in concert.
"Raise my hands
Paint my spirit gold
And bow my head
Keep my heart slow"
I mean... really.... *sigh*
3. I despise cooked carrots. They are an abomination.
4. I prefer pencils to pens.
5. I licked a Castle once. A real one. In England. I can't tell you which one though, as it's a bit on the shy side and doesn't want everyone to know yet.
6. I played the flute for marching band in high school. And no... I never did THAT. No one ever does THAT. *eye roll*
7. My favorite bird is the Carolina Wren. The smallest, fattest, most pissed off looking ball of adorbs EVER!
"B*tch! Don't make me come down there!"
And now... to pass this on! Here are a few of the blogs I'm lovin' and learning from these days. If you don't know 'em then get on it!
Ladies, thank you for you have most definitely inspired me!
From Menopausal Mother!
I am doomed to a weekend of head puffery.... Thank you so much!